What Is Beacon Technology and How It Works?
What is Beacons Technology?
A beacon is a slight Bluetooth wireless transmitter, powered by batteries. Beacons are alike to a lighthouse in functionality. These small hardware devices nonstop communicate Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) signals. The Bluetooth allowed smartphones are accomplished with scanning and showing these indications. So here is more on what are beacons technology
Types of Beacon
The concept of an indoor positioning method that brings contextual skills developed in 2013, after Apple announced the iBeacon technology and message standard. Since then, app enlargement structures ongoing accounting for the new technology as more and more beacon devices were being established.
Their types are generally defined by battery lifetime, size, and resistance to exogenous features:
Standard Beacons: These beacons are of the size of the common Wi-Fi router.
Small Beacons: These beacons are fairly moveable but they are very effective. They are of the size of the credit card.
USB Beacon: These beacons are slight in size, they are also moveable, and are also cool and fast to use.
Parent Beacon: These beacons support to track the other beacons. It also aids in collecting information and packing it in the cloud and such other purposes.
Special Beacon: Special beacons are those strategies which are strong to the external aspects like UV rays, water, shattering, and dirt. There are also video beacons and USB beacons which can be worked into the display’s back to give the graphics data.
How Does Beacon Technology Work?
- Beacons are minor computers, unevenly the size of a normal Wi-Fi router.
- A portion of indoor positioning schemes, beacons use proximity tools to identify human attendance close and activate pre-set movements to bring informational, related, and modified experiences.
- When a customer walks past a zone where an indoor placing scheme is set up, a beacon refers to code with a message to their mobile device.
- Here app results derive into view: this coded communication, which is displayed in the form of a notice, can only look at with a mobile app. In the beacon business, such a mobile app is viewed as an iBeacon app, an Eddystone app, or an indoor direction-finding app.
- But basically, it’s a mobile application that maintenances beacon technology and is connected to a mobile working system supporting one of the beacon principles.
- Apple smartphones with iOS 7 and advanced provision the iBeacon standard, smartphones on Android 4 and up custom the Eddystone standard.
- Hence the Eddystone and iBeacon app; “inside steering app” is just an additional common word. Beacons technology
Thus, in order to use beacons one will essential:
1. At least one beacon device
2. A mobile app (could be a third-party app)
3. The customer’s approval
One of the main changes between beacons and RFID (radio-frequency identification) is that beacon technology permits for more isolated customer experience, as its mechanism only if matching with a mobile app — customers stay in whole control and have the selection of choosing out.